Downspouts play a pivotal role in removing water and moisture away from your home. How can you tell if your downspouts are functioning properly? Here are some signs that could indicate it’s time for downspout repair.
- Soil erosion near your home’s foundation
- Loose fasteners, or downspouts that pull away from your fascia
- An excessive amount of rust, chips, or cracks
- Basement or crawl space flooding
- Moisture or dampness inside your home
The effectiveness of your gutters largely depends on how well your downspouts are functioning. Keep the above things in mind and then contact us at once if you notice any problems.