Are you aware of the common gutter problems that can cause unnecessary damage to your home? Alpine Gutters & Downspouts in Denver wants you to be armed with important information, so you can keep your gutter system running smoothly for years. On average, gutters should last about 20-30 years, depending on the maintenance done, weather conditions of your area, and type of gutters installed. If you notice any problems on your existing gutters, don’t delay with repairs!
Here are some common gutter problems you may encounter:
- Clogged Gutters– Without seasonal gutter cleaning, the accumulation of leaves, nests from animals, seeds, snow, etc., will cause some severe backup of water and eventual damage. Not only will it start to decompose, but it can also be a fire hazard and a significant problem for your roof and shingles. You may also get flooding in a basement, foundation cracking, soil erosion, dry rot of fascia boards, paint damage, window damage, mold, and landscaping damage.
- Sagging Gutters– The weight of all that debris clogging your gutters will now pose an even more significant problem with a sagging gutter. Look for weak areas that may be close to breaking off or bending. If you notice this issue, you will probably need to replace the hardware hangers that support the gutter system. If it is too far gone, you may need a complete gutter replacement.
- Leaks or Holes– This is one of the most common gutter problems in Denver homes. If you notice water leaking from any point along the system, you will need to either replace that section or seal up the holes. There are various patch kits available, but again, you may want to have a professional come as they have the proper equipment and products to ensure a clean gutter repair.
- Damaged Gutters– Gutters that are dented or dinged by weather, debris or ladders slammed against them, should be dealt with promptly to avoid worse damage. Inspecting for damage often will keep you one step ahead of the game!
- Improperly Pitched Gutters– This issue will cause standing water to form in the gutters after a rainstorm. The general rule of thumb for a properly pitched gutter is a quarter inch for every ten feet of gutter. This is something you may want to consult with the professionals at Alpine Gutters & Downspouts about.
- Inadequate Gutter Systems– Each home is unique with what type of gutter system it will need. There are many to choose from, such as copper, aluminum, vinyl, and more. Depending on your budget, size of home, weather conditions and roof slope, let the professionals help you out with what new gutter options will suit your property best. With maintenance at least twice annually, you should never run into any serious problems.
Common gutter problems are just part of being a homeowner, but the right gutter system is your best defense against the elements. Get a heads up on information about the best gutter system, repairs, maintenance, and more from an honest and qualified company like Alpine Gutters & Downspouts in Denver. We have everything you need under one roof and we are enthusiastic to get your home ready for winter. Call today for a free quote.