The team at Alpine Gutters and Downspouts in Denver is here to answer questions about your gutters. Wondering should you repair or install new gutters? We can come out to get everything cleaned up so that we can take a closer look at their condition. We’ll then provide you with all the answers you need.
Here are some important facts to consider in your decision process. Look for these signs, and you’ll be on the right track to deciding should you repair or install new gutters.
- Paint peeling on your gutters or orange spots from rust are tell-tale signs that water is going places it should not be. There may be even more severe damage when inspected closer.
- If you have a crack, it will eventually get bigger, which will ultimately cause water to seep through and wreak havoc on your fascia boards, shingles, and foundation. If you notice cracks or splits, have it looked at right away. A small gutter crack can be fixed, but if it’s too far gone, new gutters may be in order.
- Puddles of water or mildew around your foundation is a sure sign that water is not falling away from the perimeter. This situation may indicate a clog in the gutter or other damage to the system.
- Water damage or marks are a good indication of severe leakage. Be sure to check your system out on a dry day with no rain if at all possible. If you notice water spots in specific areas or water damage just below the gutters, repair may be necessary.
- Sagging gutters are a significant cause for concern. It usually indicates that the system is not the correct size for the home or amount of rainfall, or there was a serious issue with installation. You may even notice them pulling away from the house. Alpine Gutters & Downspouts can help rectify the issue.
Of course, the choice is yours as to should you repair or install new gutters, but asking an expert on the best options is your best defense. If you notice small things, such as loose hangers, localized damage on sections, small cracks or holes, you can probably get away with just a gutter repair. But, if you notice more troubling signs such as excessive holes or rust spots, sagging or incorrect pitch, lots of water damage, or direct damage like a buckle or dent, opt for a gutter replacement instead.
There are many types of gutter systems out there in a variety of materials such as copper, aluminum, vinyl and more – each with their own advantages and disadvantages. Depending on the style of your home, your budget, and the aesthetics you want, you can easily find the perfect fit for your home.
Should you repair or install new gutters? Well, at Alpine Gutters and Downspouts, we hope that this bit of information will help you make a wise decision. If your gutter system is not performing correctly, you can also give us a call for a free quote on repair versus replacement costs. We’ll provide the information you need and go the extra mile to keep your home safe and dry.